January 22, 2021
Wage and Hour – Workers’ Faqs
- English FAQ (PDF)
- Filipino FAQ – Madalas na katanungan (PDF)
- Korean FAQ – л…ёлЏ™мІ кіј мќёл Ґк°њл°њл¶Ђ мќёкё€кіј м‹њк°„ кґЂл¦¬м†Њ (PDF)
- Samoan FAQ – O Aia Tatau mo se Tagata Galue (PDF)
- Spanish FAQ – Preguntas Frecuentes de los Empleados (PDF)
- Yup’ik FAQ – Calistet ApyutkuratukвЂ™ait (PDF)
1) what exactly is the wage that is minimum Alaska? Effective Jan. 1, 2020, AlaskaвЂ™s minimum wage is $10.19 each hour. That is determined by multiplying all hours worked in the pay duration by $10.19. This quantity may be the minimum quantity that may be compensated to a worker as wages.
2) Does my manager need to pay me more for overtime work? Yes, but you will find an exceptions that are few. That you worked if you work more than 8 hours in a single day and/or more than 40 hours in a single week, you must be paid time-and-one-half (1.5 times) your hourly or regular wage for those extra hours. Contact the Wage and Hour management workplace ((907) 269-4900) for those who have concerns.
3) I still need to receive minimum wage and overtime if I am not paid by the hour, do?
Yes. It doesn’t matter how you may be compensated, whether or not the work is calculated on an hourly basis, piece-rate, payment or else, all workers have entitlement to Alaska wage that is minimum overtime unless there clearly was a certain exemption which allows otherwise. Contact your local Wage and Hour management workplace to be certain.
4) Can my employer direct me personally to function overtime? Yes, but if you work over 8 hours in just one time and/or over 40 hours in one week, your manager must pay you 1.5 times your hourly or regular wage for many additional hours over 8 and/or over 40 which you worked. When your company just isn’t spending you that overtime, you’ll be able to report wage theft to your neighborhood Wage and Hour management workplace.
5) Can my company provide me вЂњcomp timeвЂќ instead of having to pay me personally overtime? No. Giving you comp time in the place of your overtime wages is certainly not legal in Alaska. You might be eligible for overtime pay when you work overtime hours, also it must certanly be compensated on the paycheck and shown on your own paystub.
6) Are salaried workers eligible for overtime? Being compensated a salary does not always mean you are maybe not eligible to receive overtime. Some workers are exempt from overtime, such as for instance administrator, administrative, and expert workers, each of which need really particular requirements to be met. Your real task duties, duties and exactly how you will be compensated frequently determine your eligibility for overtime.
7) how employees that are many my employer have prior to he/she has to spend overtime? a total that is grand of or maybe more. a boss who’s a total of just three (3) workers, or less, can spend his/her employees straight-time for several hours worked.
8) My company explained IвЂ™m an вЂњindependent contractor.вЂќ Exactly what does which means that? Generally, a completely independent specialist is a stand-alone company. If you should be working underneath the way of the employer, your boss calls you a completely independent specialist, you are working minus the security and advantages being given to workers, such as WorkersвЂ™ Compensation protection, Unemployment insurance policy, and/or Social safety advantages. Phone the WorkersвЂ™ Compensation Division at 269-4980, or your wage that is local and management workplace to inquire of for assistance.
9) have always been we eligible to holiday bonus pay? perhaps perhaps Not for legal reasons. It is determined by whether your manager has guaranteed to pay for getaway pay. Example: in case the boss guarantees to cover you time-and-a-half for focus on any occasion, you’ll receive 1ВЅ times your regular price of pay for online installment OK the break hours worked. In the event your manager will not provide an advantage for vacation pay, you would certainly be compensated just straight-time for getaway hours worked. In the event the manager guarantees to pay for vacation pay but has not yet founded a special price, and you also work with the vacation, you might get straight-time for eight hours of work and right time for eight hours of getaway pay.
10) have always been we eligible for leave that is sick? Holiday pay? Severance pay? As long as the company has guaranteed which you will get these re re re payments. Sick keep, holiday pay are advantages supplied to a worker, letting them be compensated whilst not working. Therefore, an boss has only to cover these benefits with you to pay these benefits if he/she has a policy to pay such benefits, or has made a promise or has a contract. The Department enforces a manager’s own guidelines of these forms of re payments.
11) Do i need to be covered “on-call” time? This isn’t simple to respond to. Some on-call time is payable plus some is certainly not.
Your freedom to follow your very own passions while “on-call” determines whether you really must be compensated. If you’re necessary to carry a beeper or mobile phone but they are absolve to pursue your personal passions, you’ll maybe not need to be compensated until such time you need certainly to react to a call. If you’re expected to stay at your manager’s bar or nightclub and therefore are maybe not permitted to pursue your personal passions such as for example reading, visiting with other people, or paying attention into the radio, your manager is needed to spend you because of this on-call time.
12) what’s the legislation regarding breaks and dinner durations? Alaskan companies have to offer break durations of at the very least half an hour for minors many years 14 through 17 who work 5 or even more consecutive hours and they are likely to continue steadily to work. Companies are not necessary to offer breaks for workers 18 and over. In case the manager enables breaks, plus they past lower than 20 moments, you need to be covered the break. In the event your company permits dinner durations, the boss is not needed to cover you for the meal duration you do no work during that time if it lasts more than 20 minutes and.
13) Can my boss change my price of pay? Yes, for as long before it takes effect as you are given written notice of the change the payday. Any day up to and including the 20th for example, if your normal payday (the day you are paid your wages) is on the 20th of the month, your employer could give you written notice of a change in your rate of pay. All work carried out by you following the 20th could be in the brand new price.Author : douros